About the Role
For insurance brokers like this top Independent insurance agency, a Commercial Insurance Marketing Manager adds very specific placement & brokering skills to the agency’s client service team. You support producers on all new business marketing as well as organize and coordinate internal activities related to plan design, pricing, and underwriting negotiations.
Duties & Responsibilities
As a part of the marketing group, you must understand online rating platforms and how to negotiate with underwriters. Additionally:
- You are looked upon for insight into competitive markets, alternatives for transfer of risk, and optimal carriers to market submissions.
- Meet with insurance company reps and underwriters. Form relationships and understand new products and pricing options.
- Assist the producer with the collection and analysis of client information. Prepare company applications and underwriting submissions.
- Gather and check quotes; prepare a market summary for the sales and service team to review.
- Ensure accuracy of forms, documentation, and premium transactions.
Skills & Experience
- 5-7 years of progressive experience in a marketing or underwriting role within a regional independent insurance agency.
- State insurance license required.
- Additional insurance industry professional designations a plus.
Compensation, Benefits, & Perks
$85-110,000 + bonus + benefits package + hybrid work schedule