About the Role
Join a large insurance broker’s Baltimore/D.C. area office to help deliver on their promise of personalized service. As an Employee Benefits Account Manager you’ll put the client’s needs first by engaging directly with them and with company underwriters on health plan benefits management, network selection, claims, and vendor management. You will walk accounts through the transition process after the point of sale. Once set up, you will manage and maintain the relationship.
Duties & Responsibilities
“We need someone with experience in group benefits client management to hit the ground running.” Experience with the following duties will help ensure a successful start in the role with very little training or ramp up time needed.
- Provide account management support to producer team
- Maintain positive working relationships and clear communication with clients, carriers, underwriters, and vendors/partners
- Establish and manage timelines to complete tasks, monitor financials, and request health and welfare plan renewals in preparation for changes, final review, implementation, and enrollment
- Draft RFPs, client presentations, and communications
- Assist clients with meeting employee benefit-related compliance regulations (HIPAA, ERISA, ACA)
Skills & Experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset with ability to work autonomously
- Technically proficient in all aspects of ACA and healthcare reform
- Strong with numbers and general mathematical principles
- 5-7 years of experience with employee benefits, preferably in a retail agency setting
- Experience with larger self-funded cases a must
- State insurance license or ability to obtain it within three (3) months of hire
- Able to manage daily service needs; field questions on coverage, billing, and claims; distribute communication materials; conduct enrollment meetings
Compensation, Benefits, & Perks
$85-100,000 + comprehensive benefits package + ability to work remotely in a hybrid WFH environment.