About the Role
Join a large, privately held independent insurance brokerage with deep roots in New York state as Personal Lines Customer Service Representative. Partnering with Sales Executives and Account Managers, you provide critical, behind-the-scenes policy management and support to ensure a high level of client satisfaction with their personal risk insurance.
Duties & Responsibilities
Two positions are available, one on the VIP team that works with owners and executives tied to commercial businesses the agency also insures, and the second on the High-Net-Worth team for clients that can be placed with private client carriers.
- Promptly respond to client inquiries, addressing their needs for products and services the agency offers.
- Review policy coverage and identify areas that need enhancement and upgrades; coordinate with the Account Manager.
- Assist with pre-underwriting account review, securing applications, and obtaining quotes and comparisons for the insurance companies the agency represents.
- Manage all account transactions (including but not limited to) endorsements, binders, certificates, cancellations, and correspondence. Review policies for accuracy and update files in the agency management database.
Skills & Experience
- At least 1-2 years of personal lines insurance industry experience customer service, rating, or underwriting.
- Active state insurance license.
The agency offers a hybrid schedule for applicants living near one of their downstate New York offices- Poughkeepsie, Middletown, and Kingston, or near their Long Island office in East Hampton.