About the Role
Join one of the Midwest’s largest insurance brokers as Employee Benefits Account Manager. You’ll put the client’s needs first by engaging directly with them and company underwriters on plan management, network selection, claims, and vendor management.
Experience: Minimum four (4) years of health and welfare insurance industry experience in client service and account management. Current or previous tenure working for a retail insurance agency is required.
Location: Cincinnati, OH. You’ll support 2-3 producers with a concentration of clients in and around southern Ohio and northern Kentucky. Many of the accounts will expect you to visit them on-site to help with renewal preparation and enrollment meetings.
Scheduling: The agency has workplace flexibility provided you are in close proximity to Cincinnati so that you can travel for important client and team meetings, even on short notice. There is an option to work from home but the expectation is also that you plan for at least 4-6 work days/month in the office or with clients on-site.
Account Size: Most accounts fall in the 51-99 ees category with some exceeding 100 employees. Expect to see both funding mechanisms- fully insured and self-funded.
Licensure: Active L&H insurance license.
- Provide account management support to senior producers on group benefits cases
- Maintain positive working relationships and clear communication with clients, carriers, underwriters, and vendors/partners
- Establish and manage timelines to complete tasks, monitor financials, and request health and welfare plan renewals in preparation for changes, final review, implementation, and enrollment
- Draft RFPs, client presentations, and communications
- Assist clients with meeting employee benefit-related compliance regulations (HIPAA, ERISA, PPACA)