About the Role
The Employee Benefits Account Executive is a job opening with a Top 25 national insurance brokerage. Despite their large geographic reach, they still take a local approach to client management. They encourage a collaborative culture. They have a legacy Chicago footprint that is rapidly expanding throughout the entire Midwest.
Duties & Responsibilities
This role is designed to work on large group health and welfare accounts. Every account exceeds 100 lives (the majority are 250-1,000 ees) and are self-funded which means you need to be a skilled client advisor on stop-loss and level-funded arrangements.
Other responsibilities include:
- Negotiate renewals
- Present renewal and strategy meetings
- Coordinate RFPs, data analysis, spreadsheeting, utilization/financial reports, plan documents, and so on
- Lead the oversight and execution of daily service issues, resolve escalated issues, compliance related matters, etc.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum five (5) years of life and health insurance industry experience providing client management & consultation to larger cases at a major medical insurance company or retail agency/broker
- Senior account manager capabilities including involvement in the sales process (renewal presentations, reviews, carrier negotiations)
- State insurance license
Location: Option to work a hybrid schedule from one of two Chicago locations (downtown and an office north of the city).