About the Role
A combination of growth and an upcoming retirement has created hiring opportunities for experienced insurance professionals to join an independent agency in South Bend as Commercial Insurance Account Manager. The company has a long history of stable ownership, low turnover, and a family friendly culture. Here is an overview of the job highlights:
- Location: South Bend, IN.
- Book of Business: This position requires general, all-lines commercial insurance policy knowledge with small business and middle market accounts. You will manage the daily activity of a sizable book across many industries with some leanings towards construction and surety business.
- Systems: The agency uses Applied Epic. Familiarity with Epic or a similar agency management system helps speed up your new hire training.
- Team: You’ll work closely with a team of experienced account managers to support the producers with servicing, marketing, and retaining their legacy books of business.
Duties & Responsibilities
For new and renewal clients:
- Build, maintain, and strengthen relationships with your accounts.
- Expand relationships with various insurance carriers.
- Market services to accounts.
- Perform account administration.
- Handle renewals.
- Address and resolve any problems/concerns that arise.
Skills & Experience
- At least two (2) years of commercial property and casualty insurance account management experience.
- Active insurance license.
Compensation, Benefits, & Perks
Comprehensive employee benefits package including group medical, dental, vision, life, and disability + a 401(k) company program + a competitive PTO plan.