About the Role
The Employee Benefits Analyst joins one of the largest insurance brokers in the South. They need your support analyzing information and creating financial deliverables for clients with complex benefit programs. Your responsibilities include financial and contractual analysis, claims utilization analysis, and modeling.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with the producer and other members of the account service team to develop strategies for clients and ensure that client deliverables perform in line with the client’s strategic objectives
- Prepare financial reporting packages in accordance with the client service calendar
- Utilize analytical tools and other utilization data available to identify emerging trends, patterns, and anomalies in client claims
- Utilize predictive modeling tools to develop alternative strategies, plan modeling, and cost reduction opportunities
- Meet with clients to explain external market influencers and internal experience trends driving benefit costs
Skills & Experience
- Advanced Excel skills and general mathematical principles
- Experience working with insurance carrier data reporting systems
- Possess technical knowledge of underwriting aspects such as plan design, funding arrangements, risk and rating components
The company is Texas based and prefers in-state applicants. Remote, work-from-home available.