About the Role
As Director of Commercial Insurance Agency Operations, you hold a critical leadership position at one of Detroit’s most prestigious insurance and financial services companies. With the goal of supporting agency growth and service objectives, you ensure the commercial lines department works collaboratively with multiple divisions to promote customer retention and create an environment that enables revenue growth and profitability.
Duties & Responsibilities
As an important contributor within the agency, you are keenly aware of the daily happenings within the service team, and at times dig right into the thick of important, critical issues. You evaluate how the agency’s two most valuable resources (technology and employees) work together to achieve success.
- Oversee talent development for client service, marketing, and other support roles. Coach leaders. Build or refine training and mentoring programs. Create a culture of empowerment. Work with Human Resources on hiring and recruiting initiatives.
- Develop a “Best in Class” client service platform. Leverage technology to drive consistency and create efficiencies. Set benchmarks to measure client service quality and efficiencies. Monitor key performance indicators. Stay updated on market changes with internal and external customers recognizing the unique needs of small, middle, and large customers.
- Participate in strategic planning initiatives. Communicate updates and results on key initiatives. Partner with the sales team on plans that promote new customer acquisition.
- Oversee marketing efforts and give direction on renewal marketing action plans. Manage carrier relationships to secure broad product offerings, flexible terms, and ensure successful new business negotiations to achieve mutual, profitable growth for the agency and its partners.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 10-15 years of commercial property and casualty insurance industry tenure with significant time and responsibilities spent on department leadership and management.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Excellent organization, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Superior leadership, coaching, and influencing skills.