May 26, 2021
Search These Job Boards to Find Job Openings in the Insurance Industry
by Amy Stuntz
Insurance organizations and recruiters use job boards to post open positions and search resume databases. With thousands of different job boards to scour, how do insurance professionals narrow down which job sites to utilize and how to use them to their maximum potential to find the right jobs that match their skillset? Finding insurance-specific jobs takes an extra layer of skill. Below are some tips for several go-to job boards.
ZipRecruiter.com is a traditional job site that partners with 100+ other job sites. ZipRecruiter is used for all types of jobs in many industries, and also industry-specific roles designed to provide opportunities to a niche group of job seekers – like us insurance folks.
- Simple search tool: Enter your keywords and location on the job search page
- To narrow your results, you can use the drop-down filters on the top of the page to customize your results based on:
- How recently the job has been posted
- How far from your specific location (or remote), salary preference, and specific job titles or companies
- Quick tip: enter a plus (+) sign before any terms you want to require and quotation marks around phrases of more than one keyword. Example: + ”commercial insurance account manager”, + ”work from home”
Indeed.com acts as its own search engine. It aggregates job listings from thousands of sources across the internet including job boards, company career sites and recruiter listings. Insurance positions found on Indeed could also come from companies directly posting to their individual Indeed dashboard. This is especially common for small and mid-sized insurance organizations that do not maintain their own career sites.
- You can filter your job specifications in the search bar or the option bar on the left-hand side of your results screen; narrow results based on job type, distance, salary, location, company and experience level
- Use advanced search techniques to zero in on the right position with a specific company or for a particular job title; example) “Capstone Search Group:” or “Senior Client Service Manager”
- Set up job alerts to receive email updates about new jobs that fit your search criteria
LinkedIn.com sells corporate recruiting packages to every type of insurance organization. With that contract comes paid posting slots, so you are certain to find a diverse listing of job openings, but by and large the most prominent jobs featured are senior level, $100k+ salary positions. Here’s how you navigate LinkedIn to find insurance job openings.
- You can search for jobs by typing into the search bar on the homepage or by using the filters on the Jobs page
- LinkedIn supports Boolean strings; click here for a Boolean refresher
- Save searches for future reference and sign up for job alerts
- Individual job postings on LinkedIn will often redirect you to the company’s website to complete the application process
Great Insurance Jobs
Greatinsurancejobs.com is an insurance specific job board. Over 4,500 insurance employers post open positions with GIJ. The main positions posted on GIJ are actuary, broker/agent, claims, financial services, loss control, risk management, sales and underwriting.
- Once you have clicked on “Find a Job,” use the keywords search box or the drop-down filters to refine your search
- Search for specific employers and sign up for job alerts for only that employer
Like Indeed, Glassdoor.com has a search engine that aggregates thousands of jobs from a variety of sources. What makes Glassdoor stand out is the addition of employee reviews. Glassdoor allows you to read reviews, research salary information and check out company ratings before applying to positions.
- Glassdoor has similar filter features to LinkedIn or ZipRecruiter
- For a more advanced search, click the “More” tab that opens up additional criteria to filter including company rating, size, industry, etc.