About the Role
We have been retained by GTU to identify a top performer in the truck underwriting market. This is a unique opportunity to be part of their succession planning.
GTU is a Managing General Agency specializing in underwriting commercial auto coverage and logistics insurance throughout the country. They write many types of trucking risks for individual owner-operators, small fleets, mid-sized fleets, and large fleets in most states. With markets to cover conventional needs and also represent specialty writers with unique products.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Directs, leads, controls and coordinates underwriting of GTU
- Ensures that department goals and objectives are met
- Collaborates with GTU underwriters, producers and insurance company underwriters to solve
- problems and to ensure overall book profitability and sustainability.
- Provides leadership and direction to all GTU departments regarding all state insurance and insurance company guidelines
Required Education & Experience
- 7+ years of experience in underwriting for property and casualty within the transportation/truck industry
- 3+ years of experience managing an underwriting department
- Proven aptitude towards leadership
- Track record of being decisive and ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively
Compensation, Benefits, & Perks
$180,000 to $225,000+ base salary, incentive compensation, equity and competitive benefits. Succession opportunity