About the Role
We have been retained by Greenwich Transportation Underwriters to identify a top performer in the truck underwriting market. We are seeking an underwriting professional from the transportation market. The person needs to come from commercial wheels, public auto, and/or interstate trucking.
GTU is part of Acrisure which has $700 million in truck premium. GTU is the in-house MGA for Acrisure, and the fastest growing truck MGA in the country. They wrote $60 million in 2022 and will be at $100 million in the next couple years.
Due to this rapid growth they need to build out their staff infrastructure to meet this business need. This is a tremendous opportunity for someone who is interested in growing themselves personally and professionally.
The individual could be brought in at various levels depending upon their experience and will be serving as the right hand to the President and involved in strategy and vision. The position also has a clear career progression path.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Directs, leads, controls, and coordinates underwriting
- Ensures that department goals and objectives are met
- Collaborates with underwriters, producers, and insurance company underwriters to solve problems and to ensure overall book profitability and sustainability
- New product/program development and implementation, carrier and broker relationships
Skills & Experience
- 7+ years of experience in underwriting for property and casualty within the transportation/truck industry
- Proven aptitude towards leadership
- Track record of being decisive and ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively
Compensation & Benefits
$100,000 to $130,000 base salary, incentive compensation, and competitive benefits