About the Role
This Managing General Agency is preparing to enter new states and seeks an experienced commercial transportation/truck underwriting professional to join their team. They offer a multi-line suite of products that focuses on the Transportation and Construction industries including; Long-Haul trucking, Non-Trucking Liability, PD & Cargo, Artisan and General Contractors as well as a commercial auto program designed for small to midsize autos.
This position will partner with Retail Agents to grow a profitable truck book. This position can work from remote within Texas or surrounding states.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Communicate risk appetite and value proposition to agents
- Negotiate pricing, terms & conditions, and deal structure with brokers and clients
- Develop strong, long term relationships with brokers and clients to profitably grow a book of business
- Develop an individual business plan that is in line with product strategies
- Review and analyze underwriting files to accept new business or continue renewals
- Review and analyze all documents within or associated with the underwriting file to establish accuracy in identification and minimizing the risk of exposure
Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of transportation/trucking insurance obtained through 3+ years of Commercial Insurance underwriting focused on Auto/Trucking
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships
- Must possess the ability to appropriately apply loss development and advanced loss analysis concepts to achieve optimal pricing of a risk
$80,000 to $110,000