About the Role
This Managing General Agency that continues to expand its product offerings and distribution by developing new insurance programs offers an opportunity to join their established company in growth mode.
The Senior Truck Underwriter provides mentoring and training to less experienced underwriters and is responsible for underwriting commercial truck business/products.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Communicate risk appetite and Retail Casualty Value Proposition to agents
- Negotiate pricing, terms & conditions, and deal structure with brokers and clients
- Develop strong, long term relationships with brokers and clients to profitably grow a book of business
- Develop an individual business plan that is in line with product strategies
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5+ years of Commercial Insurance underwriting focused on Auto/Trucking
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships
- Demonstrated sales, marketing, and relationship building experience
- Ability to work in dynamic, rapidly changing environment, adapting to changing requirements and collaborating with a wide range of colleagues to quickly deliver solutions
Compensation, Benefits, & Perks
$90,000 to $130,000. Bonus plan; medical, dental, and vision insurance with no waiting period; paid time-off in year of hire; and 401(k) with employer match.