About the Role
One of the largest global life reinsurers seeks Senior Life Underwriting Consultants due to retirements.
Will evaluate and classify medical, non-medical, and financial risks on complex risks for life insurance up to $10,000,000 with approval authority up to $4,000,000.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Appraises and underwrites complex risks for life insurance with approval authority up to $4,000,000 and ensures underwriting quotes are sound, competitive, and profitable.
- Underwrites traditional facultative reinsurances cases.
- Provides underwriting solutions to clients by partnering with them to identify unique, creative ways to solve their problems and improve their business results.
- Collaborates with Medical Directors, other team members, internal departments, and other offices to obtain expert knowledge, to assist in identifying solutions and resolutions to problems/issues.
Skills & Experience
- 4-6 years reinsurance underwriting experience or 7-8 years direct underwriting experience.
- ACS, ALU, FLMI, FALU, or CLU accreditation or progress towards accreditation ideal.
- 8+ years reinsurance or impaired risk (direct) underwriting experience ideal.
Compensation, Benefits, & Perks
$90,000 to $110,000. Benefits including flexible plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage; 401(K) plan with generous employer match, Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance; Short-term and Long-term disability coverage, Employee Assistance Program.