About the Role
Nearly 100 years old, with more than 3,000 employees serving over $1 million insureds, this insurance organization offers big company stability, yet a small company environment where you can make an impact and won’t get lost in the shuffle.
They offer an opportunity for a Senior Life Underwriter to join their Life Underwriting team. You will have the ability to deliver high-quality underwriting decisions while handling life applications submitted throughout all sales regions where they do business. You will work independently but will be supported by a strong underwriting and medical team that is willing and eager to help ensure the department delivers remarkable service.
This position allows full-time remote work.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Dealing with financial representatives, clients, medical personnel, and department support when discussing a risk or facilitating the risk selection, issue and administrative process, or obtaining underwriting information
- Participating on the development of new and competitive underwriting guidelines
- Typical face amounts range from $250k to $4 million
Skills & Experience
- At least five (5) years of individual life underwriting experience
- Current approval authority of $1.5 million or greater
- Ability to read APSs
- Experience with preferred, standard, and sub-standard risks
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Strong customer service skills
Compensation, Benefits, & Perks
$75,000 to $85,000. Strong benefits package, which includes insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision, disability, and life), 401(k) with company match, parental leave, paid time off, paid company holidays, and time off to volunteer in your community.