About the Role
The Senior Employee Benefits Consultant, Account Executive is the truest definition of a strategist and directly positioned as the team quarterback between the sales and service team. A one-of-a-kind position with one the country’s most respected insurance brokers, you infuse the role with your consultative philosophy with an opportunity to build a long-term career that has great earning potential.
You’re the second-in-command to the senior partner who wants your leadership and guidance, not only about how to manage the sizable portfolio as it stands today, but also concerning decisions on capacity, additional staff, and more resources when the book doubles in the next 3-5 years.
Here is a snapshot of the job details:
- Location: Houston, TX with the flexibility to work in the office or from home provided you live in the greater metro area. This is in part because you’ll regularly travel throughout the city to meet with clients for sales presentations and other meetings/reviews.
- Experience: At least ten (10) years of health and welfare insurance industry experience; background must include tenure in sales or strategic client management at a retail brokerage.
- Benefits Guru: Lead AE on a multi-state book of group health and welfare clients ranging from 100-750 lives (both fully funded and self-insured).
Duties & Responsibilities
Health and welfare financial analysis, analytics, and modeling.
- Development of multi-year client strategy and service plan management
- Plan design and competitive benchmarking
- Management of the underwriting process and negotiations
- Network evaluations
- Vendor management
- Development of bid specifications
- Proposal analysis
- Client presentations
- Budget projections