About the Role
Flood and Peterson, a preeminent independent, privately held insurance broker that’s provided risk management solutions to businesses and individuals since 1939, has an exciting career opportunity for a construction insurance professional. As Senior Construction Placement Specialist, you are responsible for managing strategic marketing and placement initiatives for a high-profile general contractor with nationwide operations. The overwhelming majority of your time is concentrated on assembling and negotiating insurance programs. You are the lead representative AND problem solver in designing and placing a “best in class” insurance coverage program.
Duties & Responsibilities
This is a diverse role with many ways to successfully support key accounts and your colleagues. The foundation for your success is the passion, energy, and engagement you bring to providing risk management solutions to construction insurance pricing, programs, and coverage.
- Negotiate with underwriters to ensure the client receives the best terms, conditions, and pricing
- Approve the master insurance proposal and all project specific proposals
- Be involved with client strategy, communication, and presentations
- Interpret and translate complex insurance topics pertaining to policy wording, pricing, guidelines, and restrictions in ways that help the client and other stakeholders understand how to make insurance purchasing decisions
- Stay abreast of changing insurance risk market conditions that affect client coverage and risk management solutions
- Work with the safety and quality assurance/quality control teams on protocols and service coordination
- Work with client service staff on procurement, insurance compliance and legal issues
- Attend and be involved with construction insurance industry functions
- Assist with developing and enhancing team workflows and process improvements
Skills & Experience
Minimum five (5) years of construction underwriting, placement, and risk analysis experience. You understand how to place large loss sensitive programs and know the ins and outs of Builder’s Risk, Contractor’s Professional Liability, and Construction General Liability.
Location: This position will be expected to spend a lot of time in Greeley, CO (the agency’s headquarters and where the construction division is based). With additional offices in Ft. Collins and Denver there is flexibility within northern Colorado provided you can work in Greeley full-time or manage a hybrid schedule.
Compensation, Benefits, & Perks
Compensation package includes a competitive salary ($175k-$200k+) along with variable, incentive-based opportunities, and relocation assistance (if applicable).