About the Role
Growing insurance company for admitted Property & Casualty and Excess & Surplus lines. Rated Excellent by AM Best, they consist of five companies.
The Program Underwriter monitors and assesses underwriting and claims activity of managing general underwriters and agents (MGUs) and verifies that the MGUs are performing within their authority, utilizing agreed upon processes and practices.
This position reports to SVP, Head of Programs and consults with Chief Risk Officer, Compliance, Finance, Claims, and IT departments to identify specific trends or problems with a program.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform catastrophe risk analyses, review and verify results, and prepare the necessary reporting
- Actively monitor metrics including but not limited to: territory growth, retention, and profitability goals
- Develop plans to engage the Managing General Agent, Claims Administrator, and Reinsurers
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in insurance or finance
- In-depth industry knowledge of the property insurance market
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of underwriting tools, applications, and guidelines
- Experience working with catastrophe risk analyses tools
- Ability to work with large data sets as well as analyze, process, visualize, and communicate quantitative information
- Knowledge of relational databases, with a preference for MS-SQL Server, is a plus
Compensation, Benefits, & Perks
$65,000 to $95,000. In-office 3 days a week. 10% bonus and pay all of the healthcare insurance.