About the Role
We have partnered with Great West Casualty Company, in an exclusive arrangement, to identify a high caliber, enthusiastic underwriting leader who is ready to take on the challenge of leading a newly created National Accounts department. The National Accounts team was created for the purpose of providing a concierge service to accounts with 200 to 500+ power units.
This newly created opportunity, National Accounts Underwriting Manager, will provide leadership and direction to the underwriting team within the National Accounts department. This team is made up of the most experienced group of GWC underwriting professionals. This role is much about moving road blocks for your team. You will use your expertise and leadership skills to build strong relationships with their largest accounts.
South Sioux City was recently selected as the 7th most livable smaller city in the U.S., Siouxland is home to more than 180,000 residents, offers affordable Midwest living, a vibrant downtown, a multitude of outdoor activities, live music, semi-pro sports, shopping, and more.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Set performance standards and review trends to drive best practices
- Focus on growing profitable business
- Lead, engage, and coach a collaborative team of underwriters
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in commercial underwriting, ideally with truck experience
- Knowledge of reinsurance, excess limits, and developing unique insurance solutions
- Experience within actuarial and work closely with actuarial
- Proven track record in leadership
Compensation, Benefits, & Perks
$150,000 + bonus. Flexible schedules for a stable work-life balance. 37.5 hour work week. Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees. Support of healthy lifestyles through a wellness program and gym subsidies.