About the Role
Consistently earning the highest industry ratings for fiscal stability and ethical business practices, this life and annuity insurance company has more than $100 billion of life insurance in force. They seek a financial reporting professional to manage the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements, supplemental schedules, and Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A) required by statutory regulations, including appropriate internet filing requirements with the NAIC, rating agencies, and state filings.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages the activities of the financial reporting function.
- Directs and manages the preparation of financial statements. Coordinates preparation of quarterly reports.
- Reviews supporting schedules for the financial statements to accommodate for changes in the Quarterly and Annual Statements.
- Directs process improvement initiatives that enhance the efficiency and accuracy of financial reporting.
Skills & Experience
- BS in Accounting.
- 6-8 years related accounting experience with 3-5 years in insurance.
- CPA preferred.
- Strong knowledge of SAP, general ledger accounting software packages, and external reporting requirements.
- Strong leadership skills.