About the Role
With a commitment to attracting and retaining the best and the brightest talent, this carrier has been repeatedly named one of the best places to work. We are seeking an enthusiastic, driven, and collaborative underwriting leader to join their disability income underwriting team.
The Manager, Disability Income Underwriting will manage 6 Underwriters, this includes Underwriter levels I, II, Senior, and their highest/most seasoned underwriter level of consultant, there is also one team lead. This position is remote.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Providing instructions regarding the different underwriting procedures and systems.
- Reviewing the development and accomplishments of associates with the balanced scorecard program.
- Conducting monthly audits for quality and compliance metrics;.
- Ensuring compliance with government regulations and product guidelines.
- Coaching & mentoring associates with regard to technical underwriting and producer relationship skills.
- Researching potential avenues for enhancement to workflow.
- Working with departments to create new methods of processing work in order to increase efficiency.
Skills & Experience
- Six(6) to ten(10) years in underwriting required, a portion with disability income(DI) ideal.
- Experience supervising a team of associates.
- Comprehension of underwriting principles and guidelines required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required.
- FMLI or equivalent industry designation or progress toward resignation required.
Compensation, Benefits, & Perks
$120,000 to $130,000 + bonus