About the Role
Leading regional workers’ compensation carrier with a high-touch service model and broad experience serving large accounts with complex needs.
The Loss Control Consultant is responsible for providing consultation and training to employers regarding safety matters. Develop business partnerships and ambassador-type relationships with insured policyholders. Evaluate physical premises, equipment, materials, work practices, and safety policies and programs. Conduct safety surveys of employers’ premises to gather information to assist in risk selection as an integral part of the underwriting process.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify potentially hazardous conditions and unsafe acts that may have an adverse impact on employee claims and assist the client in reducing or eliminating hazardous conditions or unsafe acts.
- Review business processes and operations. Make recommendations for best practices in safety.
- Train and/or make presentations to customers on loss prevention and safety-related topics by participating in internal and external meetings. Make presentations to internal/external staff as needed.
- Gather and communicate pertinent safety information to assist in the risk selection part of the underwriting process.
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of insurance risk control experience.
- Workers’ Compensation insurance experience.
- Knowledge of key loss control standards, guidelines, techniques, and disciplines such as ergonomics, machine guarding, environmental health.
- Considerable knowledge of, and the ability to apply, relevant local, state, and federal rules and regulations, including state-specific occupational safety and health acts and workers’ disability compensation acts.
- Strong presentation skills.
Compensation, Benefits, & Perks
Salary range: $80,000 to $120,000. Car, laptop, company credit card, bonus, 401K, fully funded retirement account(pension), extremely comprehensive and competitive benefits.