About the Role
Join a company that values development, career growth, collaboration, innovation, and diversity & inclusion. Top insurance carrier seeks a Life Underwriting professional for this remote Quality Control role.
The Underwriting Quality Control professional’s goals are to gain assurance that Underwriting utilizes best practices, adheres to company guidelines, follows regulations, and that policies are issued with accurate ratings at the best offer possible. Evaluates consistency across all underwriting locations and results are utilized to evaluate Underwriters’ performance, assess training needs, update the Underwriting Manual, and suggest system enhancements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform real-time and post-issue quality reviews of underwritten policies. Leverage Underwriting expertise, critical thinking, and judgment to ensure that QC assessments are fair and balanced.
- Identify trends and look for ways to improve underwriting efficiencies (such as training needs, revisions to procedures, updates needed to Underwriting rules, system enhancements, etc.).
- Collaborate with Service Leaders and Underwriting Managers for corrective actions needed on policies.
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of Life Underwriting experience required
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology and awareness of how various medical impairments interact and affect individual mortality risk
- Strong verbal and written communication
$80k to $85k + 7.5% bonus target