About the Role
Client is an MGA that operates as a carrier taking on risk. They offer a wide range of auto insurance options across the southern US. Their employees enjoy a positive, dynamic, inclusive, and collaborative workplace where performance is rewarded, continued learning is promoted, and employees have exciting opportunities for advancement.
Due to growth, they seek a talented and experienced insurance accounting professional to join their team as Accounting Director. The individual will need to be based in the greater Dallas area so they can get to the office as needed for meetings.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the preparation of accurate and timely financial statements, reports, and analyses
- Collaborate with department heads to establish and manage budgets, monitor financial performance against budgets, and recommend corrective actions when necessary
- Conduct financial forecasting, analyzing trends and providing recommendations for improvements and risk mitigation
- Ensure compliance with industry-specific accounting standards, statutory requirements, and internal controls
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; CPA designation preferred
- Minimum of 8-10 years of progressive accounting experience, with at least 3-5 years in a leadership or managerial role within the insurance industry, particularly Personal Lines Insurance
- Thorough knowledge of insurance accounting principles, including statutory accounting and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Compensation, Benefits, & Perks
$140,000 to $155,000. Health Care, Retirement Plan, Fitness, Employee Assistance Program, access to disability, hospital indemnity, universal life, critical illness, and accident insurance plans and pet insurance.