About the Role
Our client is a well-established and family-owned Managing General Agency (MGA) with a strong reputation for expertise in underwriting small and medium-sized commercial property and inland marine accounts. Representing multiple “A” rated insurance carriers, our client is committed to delivering excellent service and tailored insurance solutions to their clients.
We are seeking an experienced Inland Marine Underwriter to join the client’s team in either the Walnut Creek or San Francisco office. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to their continued success and work in a dynamic environment. The position offers a four-day work week, with three days in the office and one day dedicated to field marketing and conducting inspections.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct marketing efforts to attract and retain small property/casualty and inland marine accounts
- Evaluate and analyze risks associated with underwriting small property/casualty and inland marine policies
- Perform thorough site inspections to assess risks and determine appropriate coverage and premiums
- Collaborate with the underwriting team to develop comprehensive underwriting strategies
- Provide exceptional customer service and build strong relationships with agents and brokers
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of inland marine or property and casualty underwriting experience on the company side
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in evaluating risk and determining appropriate coverage and premiums
- Solid understanding of insurance industry regulations and best practices
- Professional demeanor and excellent interpersonal skills
Compensation, Benefits, & Perks
$90,000 to $150,000 (base + benefits including $600 monthly car allowance). Competitive benefits. Unlimited vacation time. After 15 years of service 3 Month paid sabbatical with bonus. Phone allowance. Auto Allowance.