About the Role
The Health Care Risk Management Specialist is responsible for developing and implementing risk management services for this insurance organization’s members. The company provides valuable services to hospitals to mitigate and prevent losses & claims. This position requires a clinical background with a working knowledge of operational risks facing hospitals with regards to patient & employee safety, legal risks, claims, and insurance.
Duties & Responsibilities
Much of your work revolves around research and education on current trends in health care risk mitigation. Examples of your advisory activities include:
- Help clients revise standards and best practices
- Evaluate risk management needs and develop action plans
- Assist and/or oversee the identification of real and potential liability risks for hospitals, health care facilities, and physicians
- Research claims and compliance information as well as state & federal laws from a variety of internal & external sources
- Review of new/updated standards/best practices
- Perform and oversee periodic department and services surveys
- Organize and present various educational programs, such as audio and web conferences, annual seminars, and member specific programs
- Analyze and review loss experience data with an emphasis on risk management implications and remedies
- Provide on-site and long-distance consultative services for risk management issues
Skills & Experience
- Four-year college degree, preferably in the healthcare field, and completion of or actively pursuing CPHRM or risk management certification
- Five years in healthcare risk management field for an insurance company or in a clinical setting
Location: Statewide Montana, Wyoming, and Idaho as well as Eastern Washington.
Travel: Must be able to regularly travel to cover accounts in a four-state territory.
Relocation: The company will consider relocation applicants.