About the Role
A specialized client service position, the Commercial Insurance Account Manager- Executive Liability is part of a national practice group at a Top 100 independent insurance broker. Your role within the team is to support the client, producer, and account executive with meeting service commitments for middle market clients with a wide range of executive liability risk management complexities. Executive liability is a broad category encompassing Directors & Officers, Employment Practices Liability, Cyber Liability, Crime, Miscellaneous Professional Liability, and more.
Duties & Responsibilities
While client management is an important part of assisting the team and client with all service-related issues, the crux of this role is heavily weighted on broking activities.
- Provide analysis on claims and litigation history as well as subject matter expertise and coverage content for prospective and existing clients. Recommend creative, appealing solutions for clients when constructing simple and/or complex Management Liability, Cyber Liability, and Professional Liability insurance programs to include building towers of coverage and quota-share structures for clients with significant exposures.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with insurance carriers and various intermediaries with a complete understanding of the abilities and underwriting appetite at each partner.
- Review contracts, agreements, and other documents to provide feedback to internal and external partners on insurance-related matters and client exposures. Collaborate with the claims and legal to determine appropriate verbiage and to address significant claim matters.
- Assist Client Executive Teams with planning and long-range agency and/or client-service strategies.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum five (5) years of Management Liability and/or Cyber Liability broking and/or underwriting experience.
- Complete understanding of insurance principles, processes, and products.
- High level of understanding of the sales and placement (marketing) process.
- Must have advanced problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to explain complex issues, receive and interpret complex information, and respond appropriately.