About the Role
One of New York’s largest insurance brokers has an assistant, entry level position available in their Health & Welfare division. As Employee Benefits Account Service Coordinator you support clients and teammates with the daily administration of corporate employee benefits and health insurance plans.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Customer Requests: Respond to client requests to process or fix service issues. Assist with claims resolution. Process changes or additions to insurance policies.
- New Account Set Up: Send out welcome letters; create packets with communication materials and benefit administration toolkits.
- Data Management: Input data on current accounts, status updates on renewals, and research/claims data into the agency’s management system.
- Enrollments: Troubleshoot enrollment issues and process employee changes/terminations with insurance companies.
Skills & Experience
- Previous client experience experience with knowledge of life and health insurance policies or employee benefits administration. This can include time spent working in Human Resources or Employee Benefits administrative functions for an employer.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills required.
- Location: Albany, NY and Poughkeepsie, NY. Hybrid schedule available after six months of employment.
- Insurance License: Upon hire, the agency requires you to successfully pass the exam to obtain your Life & Health insurance license.