About the Role
The Director of Analytics will lead a Data Team in the development of tools and methods to improve point-of-quote risk selection, company placement, and price segmentation to enhance underwriting profitability and premium growth.
Will work closely with Pricing, Product Management, and IT to automate the rate revision process, identify and develop new rating variables or product structures, and is responsible for selecting and managing the appropriate tools to facilitate sophisticated analyses and the streamlining of the analytical processes used by company teams.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops analytical strategies to penetrate and expand markets for non-standard auto product
- Determines profitable and salable price levels and program structures
- Extraction and analysis of statistical data for decision-making purposes
- Identifies new pricing segment or product structure opportunities
- Triangulates and organizes projects utilizing analytical, IT, and vendor resources to improve data, automate underwriting, and achieve company profitability and growth goals
Skills & Experience
- Undergraduate college degree from a STEM program
- 3-5 years of experience using statistical modeling techniques in insurance industry; GLM multiple regression, logistic regression, log-linear regression, variable selection, linear modeling, etc.
- Possess a mastery of analytical/statistical concepts and the programming languages necessary to facilitate intensive predictive analytics; experience must include programming languages and statistical packages such as SQL and SAS/SAS EQ
- Advanced analytical and end-user software skills such as Access, Excel, Word, Insight, and other software languages