About the Role
Celebrating 50 years of service to the insurance industry, our client is the service provider of choice to the automobile insurance residual market. The Director of Information Systems role will oversee about 60 development and QC staff. It is an impactful and pivotal position at our client’s organization as they have an in-house policy processing system that is in its early stages of the development cycle. This position will regularly interact with the COO, CEO, and CIO.
The client would like the position to be based in their RI office, with the leadership working in the office with regularity each week. Senior leadership is in the RI office generally 3-5 days each week.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess customer needs, establish priorities, and monitor attainment of short and long-term objectives for the development and maintenance of in-house and vendor systems
- Help shape overall technological direction, prioritization of technological changes, integration of existing technologies, etc.
- Provide for staff development, management succession, skill (technical and people) training
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university in technical field
- Formalized project management methodology is desired
- 10 years of related experience in the development of computerized systems and data center operations
- 5 years of related managerial experience, directing and developing staff in a team environment
- Advanced knowledge of insurance statistical data processing and operations
applications, office automation tools, high-level language, databases, etc.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively present
information and respond to questions from groups or individuals
Compensation, Benefits, & Perks
$140,000 to $180,000 base salary. Health and welfare benefits, retirement benefits, work/life benefits, time off benefits, and professional development benefits.