About the Role
As the Director, Construction Risk Placement you join a highly collaborative and specialized insurance brokerage as the person who brokers all insurance programs for a major account with national operations. You negotiate with underwriters to ensure the client receives the best terms, conditions, coverage, and pricing. You are involved in client strategy, communications, and presentations. You are viewed as the ‘resident expert’ for resolution of all insurance placement challenges. You speak the construction lingo, understand how the marketplace works for national construction accounts, and have claims and underwriting contacts in this space. You possess a strong sense of urgency, understand where to focus your energy, and are viewed as a great teammate.
Duties & Responsibilities
This is a diverse role with many ways to successfully support the client and your colleagues. The foundation for your success is the passion, energy, and engagement you bring to providing risk management solutions to construction insurance pricing, programs, and coverage.
Marketing and Placement
- The overwhelming majority of your time is concentrated on assembling and negotiating insurance programs. You are the lead representative AND problem solver in designing and placing a “best in class” insurance coverage program.
Client Relationship Management
- This is a highly engaged, client facing role with responsibility for strengthening client relationships. With a consultative mindset, you translate complex topics in ways that help the client and other stakeholders understand how to make insurance purchasing decisions. You anticipate and respond to insurance related questions. You approve the master insurance proposal and all project specific proposals.
- Your impact on the team’s growth and success cannot be overstated. Staying abreast of changing insurance risk market conditions gives you a platform to advise the client and team on all developments affecting coverage and risk management solutions. You will work with the safety and quality assurance/quality control teams on protocols and service coordination. You provide training to client service staff on procurement, insurance compliance, and legal issues. You attend and are involved with construction insurance industry functions. Finally, you assist with developing and enhancing team workflows and process improvements.
Skills & Experience
- At least 7-10 years of commercial property and casualty insurance experience in underwriting, placement, and risk analysis.
- Extensive construction insurance underwriting and risk analysis expertise. You understand how to place large loss sensitive programs and know the ins and outs of Builder’s Risk, Contractor’s Professional Liability, and Construction General Liability.
Compensation package includes a competitive salary ($175k-$200k+) along with variable, incentive based opportunities.