About the Role
Nation’s leading Commercial Umbrella Underwriting facility offers an opportunity to work remotely anywhere within the US. Market partners offer alternatives to risks that would otherwise fall into a non-standard market or receive less than favorable terms from a traditional standard lines carrier.
Target risk appetite is broad and includes Public Entity, Construction, Retail, Real Estate, and Manufacturing.
Duties & Responsibilities
Underwrite, analyze, authorize risk acceptability, determine profitable rate/price, and prepare quotations/binders on all aspects of new and renewal business.
Skills & Experience
- Experience handling small to medium size accounts small business (Main Street USA) risks
- Experience with Real Estate and Hotels a plus
- Can come from either the retail or the wholesale side of the industry
- Excess casualty experience is a plus but not required
- Standard lines carrier experience a plus (vs. non admitted) but not a requirement
- At least 2+ years of experience as at least an assistant underwriter to be considered
- Excellent problem-solving/decision-making skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Compensation, Benefits, & Perks
$55,000 to $80,000. Generous bonus. Profit-sharing. Top-end health plan. 100% remote. Flexible schedule. True work/life balance. No travel.