About the Role
Fast growing managing general agency specializing in insuring commercial risks including contractors, special events, restaurants, inland marine, commercial auto, garage/dealerships, food trucks, and excess & umbrella seeks Manager for office in Dallas. They have 7 offices presently and are doing business in Arkansas, Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Texas.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage, lead, and develop branch staff
- Serve as subject matter expert on underwriting decisions
- Maintain book and work with established brokers, build and maintain relationships that foster growth of business and market influence
- Review submissions from brokers, evaluate and approve accounts that are within the authority of MGA
- Prospect for new business, attract and retain new clients, and build solid relationships with key customers
Skills & Experience
- 8+ years of commercial lines underwriting experience with broad exposure to various business classifications
- Leadership experience
- Existing retail agency/broker relationships
- MGA experience with binding authority required
- Ability to drive production through marketing plan
Compensation, Benefits, & Perks
Base salary + incentive (15% of net income of office), unlimited earning potential, company pays 80% of health insurance premium, 401k and competitive PTO. Quality work environment with strong attention to ethical practices.