About the Role
Fast growing managing general agency specializing in insuring commercial risks including contractors, special events, restaurants, inland marine, commercial auto, garage/dealerships, food trucks, and excess & umbrella seeks binding authority underwriter for office in Mobile. They have 7 offices presently and are doing business in Arkansas, Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Texas.
Depending on experience level and agency relationships, could work remotely within AL.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with established brokers, build and maintain relationships that foster growth of business and market influence
- Review submissions from brokers, evaluate and approve accounts that are within the authority of MGA
- Prospect for new business, attract and retain new clients and build solid relationships with key customers
Skills & Experience
- 3-5+ years of commercial lines underwriting experience with broad exposure to various business classifications
- Existing retail agency/broker relationships ideal
- MGA experience with binding authority required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Strong organizational skills and flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented and strong analytical skills
Compensation, Benefits, & Perks
Base salary + incentive, company pays 80% of health insurance premium, 401k and competitive PTO. Quality work environment with strong attention to ethical practices.