About the Role
The Commercial Insurance Claims Specialist is responsible for claims handling over a regional agency’s commercial property and casualty portfolio. You support the needs of the sales and service team with the ultimate goal of increasing client satisfaction and retention. Because this position is with a retail insurance agency, you will not directly adjust claims but serve as a liaison to help administer and navigate the process ensuring a swift and smooth resolution for clients.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accurately report and file claim notices with insurance carriers
- Maintain electronic files and records within the agency management system
- Track claim status and create reports for internal staff and client use
- Help resolve claims disputes
- Participate in strategic client meetings as required
- Monitor claims inventory, answer phone calls, general admin, etc.
Skills & Experience
- At least two (2) years of related commercial property and casualty claims experience
- Understanding of claims handling guidelines and workflows
- Ability to analyze Commercial P&C insurance policies for coverage eligibility
- Ability to train and learn the Claims processing guidelines and best practices as well as train on the agency’s management system