About the Role
Founded over 60 years ago, this national carrier is family-owned, relationship-based, and service-focused. They provide Workers’ Compensation, Automobile, and General Liability coverage on a specific and aggregate basis. They specialize within Oilfield Service Contractors, Maritime Operations, Industrial Plant Contractors, Specialty Trade Contractors, and Heavy Construction.
The Commercial Casualty Claims Adjuster investigates commercial casualty claims. This position will gather claimant information, conduct on-scene investigations, work with outside counsel, and attend appropriate claim related legal proceedings.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Investigate Commercial Casualty claims including General Liability, WC, USL&H, Jones Act and Auto liability claims, with travel for on-scene/site investigations when appropriate
- Effectuate timely offers, settlements, and claim payments
- Attend and participate in mediations
- Manage defense counsel and work collaboratively regarding strategy on litigated claims
- Attend trials, giving testimony as needed
- Pursue all viable avenues of subrogation
Skills & Experience
- Excellent communication skills with management, employees, and outsiders
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- 5+ years of Commercial Casualty (Workers’ Compensation, Automobile, and General Liability) claims experience
Compensation, Benefits, & Perks
Base $70,000. Competitive benefits including HSA, 401k, 22 days vac/PTO.