About the Role
Founded over 60 years ago, this national carrier is family-owned, relationship-based, and service-focused. They provide Workers’ Compensation, Automobile, and General Liability coverage on a specific and aggregate basis. They specialize within Oilfield Service Contractors, Maritime Operations, Industrial Plant Contractors, Specialty Trade Contractors, and Heavy Construction.
The Commercial Casualty Branch Claims Manager is responsible for supervising all claims within the branch. In addition, the Branch Manager is expected to create and foster the development of individualized Personal Development Plans for each of the employees he/she oversees.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise all claims, including WC, AL, and GL claims within his/her designated branch office
- Evaluate and respond to contractual demands
- Assist in development and implementation of standards, procedures, company goals, and objectives
- Coach, mentor, and create individualized Personal Development Plans for direct reports
- Conduct quarterly in-person adjuster file reviews
- Approve settlements/reserves exceeding the authority of the individual adjustor
- Manage defense counsel and work with same regarding strategy on litigated claims
Skills & Experience
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- 3+ years of supervisor experience
- 10+ years Workers’ Compensation, Automobile, and General Liability claims experience
Compensation, Benefits, & Perks
Base $90,000. Competitive benefits including HSA, 401k, 22 days vac/PTO.