About the Role
Respected specialty carrier offers unique insurance products and services tailored to the needs of niche industry segment. Currently seeking Claims Executive for Chief Claims Officer role. Will have overall executive management responsibility for providing strategic leadership and oversight for the claims department.
Must have high degree of complex casualty/litigation experience. Focus is on CGL, Commercial Auto, Inland Marine, Umbrella.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and manages overarching strategy for claims department
- Manages the business aspect and financials and collaborates with President and actuarial department to determine the best solutions and paths forward for claims and the business
- Collaborates with Underwriting and Risk Services
- Oversight of Litigation Management including identifying and working with external defense counsel; identifying and vetting defense counsel to ensure best defense for policy holders; managing the high exposure claims and corresponding litigation through round tabling, pretrial conferences, and extension of settlement authority
Skills & Experience
- 4-year degree, MBA or CPCU preferred, JD highly desirable
- 15+ years advanced multiline commercial claims leadership experience, preferably in the Chief Claims Officer role in a similar company
- Possess knowledge of all functional aspects of insurance company and third-party administrator (i.e. claims, underwriting, marketing, loss control, etc.)
- Comprehensive knowledge of insurance and legal systems and contractual risk transfer
- Comprehensive knowledge of litigation management, litigation environment, tactics, and strategy
Compensation, Benefits, & Perks
$260k to $300k base plus executive package, stock options, bonus, relocation assistance