About the Role
One of the country’s largest insurance brokers is adding to its Southeastern region’s Health and Welfare team. With the increased demand from clients about compliance requirements it makes sense to have a single point of contact as the subject matter expert. As Benefits Compliance Specialist you’ll focus on compliance and regulatory matters pertaining to employee benefits plans, taking a sizable portion of the client engagement responsibilities out of the hands of the client service managers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide clients with information and support on employee benefit plan compliance. Ensure they understand and comply with legal and regulatory requirements, procedures, and policies.
- Proactively identify upcoming compliance needs, initiating appropriate steps to support the service process.
- Maintain records of compliance activities.
- Engage with clients, producers, internal client service teams, and leaders within the national compliance division on a range of issues from answering specific client-related questions to training internal employees on new and amended compliance matters.
Skills & Experience
- At least five (5) years of experience in employee health and benefits field with a minimum of two (2) years in the field of compliance.
- Comprehensive understanding of employee benefits plans and related compliance requirements for, but not limited to, HIPAA, ERISA, COBRA, Plan Documents, legislative regulations, ACA, and state & federal requirements.
- Completion of or interest in pursuing Certified Risk and Compliance Management Professional (CRCMP) designation.