About the Role
In today’s ever-changing regulatory climate, insurance brokers gain a competitive advantage with an in-house compliance team that provides expertise on all things related to ACA, HIPAA, COBRA, ERISA, and more. Open due to an internal promotion, the Benefits Compliance Analyst job opening is a terrific career opportunity to get on a specialized career track, learning from one of the best and brightest Health and Welfare compliance leaders in Texas.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work alongside key executives and internal stakeholders on projects to improve efficiency, gain subject matter expertise, and perform benefits compliance reviews for customers and prospects.
- Demonstrate a caring demeanor, always working towards enhancing long-term customer relationships.
- Spearhead efforts to create best practices and enhance integrity in a team environment.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders including Legal, HRIS, Financial Analytics, Account Management, and Sales teams to identify and resolve benefits compliance issues.
- Orchestrate regular mock investigations / audits while providing excellence to customers.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Certifications, industry accreditations (PHR, SPHR or CEBS), or an advanced degree in Business, Human Resources, Legal, or other related disciplines are highly desired.
- At least three (3) years related experience in Health & Welfare insurance, benefits administration, or Human Resources concentrating to a large degree on compliance complexities like ERISA, ACA, HIPAA, HHS, Treasury, and/or DOL regulations.
Location: Being a Texas based insurance organization, the company has operations in every major city (Dallas, Ft. Worth, Houston, San Antonio, and Austin). A hybrid schedule is available, offering flexibility to split time between working in the office and at home. The expectation will be regular in-person time spent meeting with internal partners and attending client meetings.