Join a regional Chicago insurance agency that represents a diverse portfolio of clients in property and casualty and corporate benefits as Workers Compensation Claims Specialist. An advocate level role, you embody the care, customer service and education clients need to achieve satisfactory outcomes and manage future claims frequency and severity.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as the resident expert on work comp claims supporting internal teams (client service and sales) and directly advising clients on resolutions.
- Monitor open claims over $15k incurred. Provide clients status updates. Communicate with adjusters and case managers to examine reserve setting, medical treatment, & settlements.
- Coordinate return to work efforts, assist with locating healthcare related resources and maintain a library of resources and information at the client's disposal for future inquiries.
Skills & Experience Required:
- At least ten (10) years of career experience handling work comp claims. Strong knowledge of Illinois work comp laws.
- Strong customer service orientation with the ability to educate, advise and advocate on a client's behalf.
- Comfortable with external engagement activities including presentations and seminars as well as on-site client review meetings.