An insurance job opening that perfectly combines two classic disciplines- Claims and Relationship Management. As Vice President, Commercial Property Insurance Claims Advocate, you join a national insurance brokerage’s property risk management team. Their internal claims team is at capacity because of the breadth and scope of claims they see from clients (large and small, simple and extremely complex). You will dive right in and take the lead on current claims, the majority will be property claims however you will support the energy/oil & gas division too. You’ll work alongside a tenured team with a managing director who is in the weeds himself on these issues.
Qualities of the VP, Senior Property & Energy Claims Advocate Role
- Client Engagement- When you’re on the retail side, everything you do is about satisfying the client’s interests. Assess the situation from their viewpoint. Anticipate issues and be a creative problem solver. Educate and empower them during the claims process. Proactively discuss strategies and resources you can provide given your expertise.
- Relationship Management- Many clients, particularly in energy and oil & gas, want to hear from you as part of the firm’s sales presentation. Expect consistent travel to attend presentations along with visiting current clients to review open claims.
Responsibilities and Expertise:
This position requires an extremely knowledgeable commercial property insurance claims professional. Energy exposure is helpful but property is by far the biggest component required.
- At least five (5) years of experience with investigation, reporting and negotiating property claims.
- Strong understanding of the claims cycle (payments, proof of loss, reports, etc.).
- Demonstrated success in negotiating and advocating on behalf of the insured.