Vice President, Commercial Lines Producer
Ft. Worth, TX
Our client is a multi-state regional insurance broker that has achieved tremendous success over the past decade but with bigger growth plans on the horizon. Part of their strategy involves the capitalization of property and casualty business opportunities in Texas. This position is the first of its kind for the agency. A commercial producer with experience in the local Dallas/Ft. Worth retail market will be able to take advantage of existing agency platforms in niches like work comp, healthcare and construction as well as serve a critical need in exploiting cross selling opportunities with the life and health practice.
Vice President, Commercial Lines Producer Responsibilities
- Sales: First and foremost its critical you can open doors to new business opportunities within the state, mostly specifically though local middle market accounts. The agency has a risk management platform focused in several niches, so you can target a lot of generalist business as you build your book but from a resource standpoint it would make a lot of sense to look at specializing in a few key verticals over time.
- Cross Selling: Take advantage of the established employee benefits presence the agency has in DFW. Work closely with those producers to create a plan of action where you can be referred to those accounts. Serve as the subject matter expert on commercial lines to those clients. Develop key underwriting relationships as the regional P&C presence for the agency.
Vice President, Commercial Lines Producer Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree is highly preferred along with at least five (5) years of recent retail agency sales success focused on middle market ($100k-$200k minimum premium accounts).
- Be able to work autonomously; seek out resources from the corporate office as well as those underwriting relationships that are critical to your success writing Texas based business.
- Have an interest in formal leadership; as the agency grows in Texas a successful, established senior producer will have a say in future sales and service hires. Ownership is a very real possibility within this firm.
Capstone Insurance Search Group is a search firm dedicated to the insurance industry. We work nationally with expertise that spans top executives, middle management and technical level positions. We can provide assistance with a variety of product lines to include Property and Casualty, Life, Health, Disability, Annuity, Employee Benefits and Pension. Our services exclusive to the insurance industry: Traditional Contingency solutions, Contract Employees solutions, Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) and Customized Retained solutions. We will provide you with a service that is of the highest degree of confidentiality, professionalism and integrity.
Email this Job
Who To Contact
Scott Thompson, CPC – Partner, Senior Search Consultant(515) 987-0242 x455
Facebook LinkedIn Google Plus Twitter Email Scott Thompson, CPC
Scott received his B.A. from Grandview University, and recently attained his MBA from Kaplan University. Having grown up in West Des Moines, he and his wife are thrilled to now be raising their three children close to extended family. Outside of work you’ll usually find Scott entertaining family and friends at his house (near his beloved garden) and cheering on the Iowa Hawkeyes.