Opportunity to join a recognized market leader in the individual life insurance industry as Vice President and Controller. Responsible for providing leadership, strategic direction and functional expertise to all aspects of the financial reporting and operational control processes.
Vice President and Controller Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain an effective system of internal controls over financial processes and reporting.
- Leads the comprehensive production of all financial reporting initiatives and accompanying analysis.
- Ensures rigorous compliance with Federal, state and international laws, rules, regulations and requirements relating to the financial accounting, reporting, and controls.
- Partner with Actuarial team to ensure appropriate financial reporting of reserves, DAC, and all related balance sheet accounts reliant on actuarial processes.
- Interpret and analyze operating results.
- Provide executive level oversight and direct the accounting operations unit.
- Protects all corporate assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing effective internal controls.
- Provide Corporate interface on all financial matters with regard to all state insurance commissioners.
Experiences and qualifications we seek
- BS Accounting, Finance. Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Knowledge of accounting principles and standards in an international context.
- Knowledge of life insurance regulations for accounting and financial reporting.
- 8 - 12 years financial and management accounting experience (minimally 3 years in public accounting, preferably Big 4 firms).
- Experience in internal control environment over financial reporting and accounting processes.
- Deep knowledge of GAAP and other financial reporting bases in the life insurance industry.
- 5 years of managerial/supervisory leadership experience.