Position Summary: As Senior Financial Underwriting Analyst, you have an opportunity to work in a creative environment for a cutting edge benefits consulting firm supporting large Disability and Absence Management cases. One of the largest employers globally, the company has a diversified analytics and data development strategy that's far from the traditional RFP/broker model. This is a role where, with training and experience, you can pivot into client engagement.
This position is a remote, work-at-home arrangement.
The team you'll join concentrates on national employers having 3,000-5,000 lives at a minimum. A highly important and complex role, you provide financial analysis and utilize modeling tools to evaluate life, disability and absence management programs' overall impact in business risk, losses and costs.
- 40% Underwriting- Perform underwriting, financial and risk analysis for internal teams. Partner with carriers to build and maintain schedules for client renewals and data collection.
- 40% Data Development & Analytics- Marketing process which includes data collection, RFP prep, vendor question, proposal review and rate/plan option negotiation.
- 20% Client Service- Participate in client data analysis and presentations; support strategic initiatives including best practice reviews and recommendations.
- The ideal profile is a technical underwriting background combined with consulting firm experience.
- A minimum of three (3) years of insurance industry underwriting and consulting background supporting national accounts.
- Extensive data analytics and subject matter expertise in life and disability insurance.
- Eagerness to progress in your career moving more and more towards client engagement.