Support the pharmacy benefits practice at this national benefits consulting firm as Senior Financial Analyst, Pharmacy Benefits. You provide critical analysis, modeling and plan evaluation to the sales, service and negotiation process regarding large Rx programs.
This is a remote, work-at-home position. Must be comfortable with some travel to see clients and to Philadelphia where the team is located.
'Senior' Level Role Means:
- You are the in-house expert on Pharmacy Benefits Management (PBM)
- You are a trusted advisor to the team; mentor other associates to elevate their knowledge of Rx plans
- Expertise review prospect data; thorough understanding of contract language
Responsibilities as Senior Financial Analyst
- Assist with underwriting, financial and risk analysis for prescription drug benefit plan design
- Help clients with product selection; gather data, prepare RFPs and presentations, resolve vendor questions
- Negotiate contract terms and rates. Analyze plan options. Evaluate alternative formulary, network and pricing models.
- Get involved in marketing and communication strategies.
- Provide data elements for third party firms. Perform audits.
- Research Rx trends; stay updated on underwriting techniques along with changes in compliance.
Skills and Experience: Bachelor’s degree is required. At least five (5) years of insurance industry experience working with prescription drug benefit design in underwriting, analytics and/or brokerage consulting. Advanced analytical, math and Excel skills.