Senior Benefit Underwriting Analyst insurance job opening in Salt Lake City. Join one of the region’s largest brokers to support financial analysis, marketing and client service. Self-funded benefits plan underwriting and/or consulting experience is required to effectively gather and assess data to negotiate renewal pricing.
How You Will Support Strategic Department Initiatives
- Build relationships and create financial partnerships with customers, clients and carrier partners
- Manage the financial viability of self-funded employee benefits plans
- Help employers make financially sound decision based on benefit models and structures
- Analyze data using raw data sets and analytics platforms
- Assist in the sales process; show financial proofs of success and demonstrate analytics capabilities
Experienced in Underwriting and Analytics You Bring to the Role
- Advanced Excel skills and general mathematical principles
- Self-funded group health insurance plan analysis and/or underwriting
- Data gathering and analysis, development of custom pricing and valuation models
- Statistical testing on historical data using IBNR and reserve calculations
- Preparation and presentation of financial reports to clients
- Ensure that vendors are performing services as expected and in the best interest of the Client.