The Senior Accountant – Financial Reporting and Analysis is responsible for the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and reports; reviews and analyzes accounting transactions; and assists in developing and maintaining financial accounting and reporting systems. This position offers an excellent opportunity to grow in an evolving results-oriented company that understands the significance of technology in financial reporting. The prospective candidate will have the opportunity to provide input and shape the future of a dynamic reporting function. This role is a great fit for a candidate that is looking to build on their current accounting knowledge and process management foundation and add their skills to a forward-thinking team.
This individual may work remotely however will need to travel to corporate as needed.
Who we seek:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant accounting experience with at least 2 years within a property and casualty insurance environment.
- Experience with Quickbooks Enterprise General Ledger is beneficial, but not required.
- Knowledge of insurance accounting and statutory reporting is required.
- Public accounting experience, CPA or progress towards is beneficial, but not required.