Life Underwriting Manager
Our client was founded over a century ago with an important mission: making financial security and independence a reality for their customer. They offer a wide variety of insurance products, including: Whole life insurance, Term life insurance, Universal life, and Annuities. They are strong financially has demonstrated by their “Excellent” rating by AM Best. They presently offer an opportunity to join their organization as the Underwriting Manager in their Phoenix, AZ area office.
Life Underwriting Manager Responsibilities
- Manages the underwriting function to ensure effective solicitation, selection, pricing and retention of desirable business. Ability to provide timely and accurate feedback to underwriters for accurate risk assessment.
- Reviews second approval cases up to $10 Million with 98% accuracy.
- Conducts work assessment to ensure service and productivity goals and standards are met for team assigned.
- Monitors quality assurance and performs quality control reviews of risk assessment, reinsurance treaty compliance, and risk assessment calls.
- Mentors employees to reach operational goals and developmental plans; providing training and educational opportunities for growth.
- Building Customer/ Agent Relationships. Handling complaints to resolution, conducting proactive calls, communicating confidence in business and service.
- Resource for other departments regarding Underwriting.
- Conducts research and analysis to stay current on industry activity and underwriting advancements/changes relating to RNA‘s business.
Life Underwriting Manager Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years+ working at a management level and 7 years+ Life Underwriter experience.
- LOMA, ALU course work and/or designations.
- Recommended professional designations: FLMI, FALU.
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft application suite.
Capstone Insurance Search Group is a search firm dedicated to the insurance industry. We work nationally with expertise that spans top executives, middle management and technical level positions. We can provide assistance with a variety of product lines to include Property and Casualty, Life, Health, Disability, Annuity, Employee Benefits and Pension. Our services exclusive to the insurance industry: Traditional Contingency solutions, Contract Employees solutions, Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) and Customized Retained solutions. We will provide you with a service that is of the highest degree of confidentiality, professionalism and integrity.
Who To Contact
Scot Dickerson, CPC – President(515) 987-0242 x452
Facebook LinkedIn Google Plus Twitter Email Scot Dickerson, CPC
As a managing producer Scot is very active in his consulting with CSG’s clients on technical and executive level search projects. In addition, he spearheads the company’s alternative recruitment divisions: Contract Employees Solutions and Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO). Scot is also a current board member and past president of the National Insurance Recruiter’s Association (NIRA).
Scot is a lifelong Iowan and a graduate of Iowa State University in Ames, IA. Scot is passionate about health, wellness and fitness. Outside of work, Scot loves to travel with his family and is very involved with all of his children’s activities.