Life Claims Examiner
Our client is one of the oldest life insurance companies in the United States. They are a diversified family of financial service companies that has successfully forged a strong identity as a product innovator offering personalized service. They presently offer an opportunity to join their claims department. As a Life Claims Examiner you will be responsible for processing all types of claims (Waiver of Premium, Disability, Accelerated Benefits, Death, and Unemployment) for a variety of products in an accurate and timely manner. This position is forward facing to our client’s customers, both agents and policy owners, and strong written and oral communication skills are required.
Life Claims Examiner Responsibilities
- Processing claims in an accurate and timely manner
- Documenting claims files in an organized and clear fashion
- Communicating claim action/processing with claimant, client, and agent
- Maintain customer confidentiality; excellent judgment and discretion
- Follow state regulations, and be mindful of Unfair Claim Practice regulations in the normal course of business
Life Claims Examiner Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Motivated, energetic, self starter who works well with others and contributes to team success
- Prior life claims handling experience
- Expected and continuous self-development, taking LOMA and ICA coursework leading to designations. Medical terminology courses a plus.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work efficiently under pressure is essential
- Work independently
- A strong work ethic and a demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of accuracy
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office
Capstone Insurance Search Group is a search firm dedicated to the insurance industry. We work nationally with expertise that spans top executives, middle management and technical level positions. We can provide assistance with a variety of product lines to include Property and Casualty, Life, Health, Disability, Annuity and Pension. We will provide you with a service that is of the highest degree of confidentiality, professionalism and integrity.
Who To Contact
Scot Dickerson, CPC – President(515) 987-0242 x452
Facebook LinkedIn Google Plus Twitter Email Scot Dickerson, CPC
As a managing producer Scot is very active in his consulting with CSG’s clients on technical and executive level search projects. In addition, he spearheads the company’s alternative recruitment divisions: Contract Employees Solutions and Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO). Scot is also a current board member and past president of the National Insurance Recruiter’s Association (NIRA).
Scot is a lifelong Iowan and a graduate of Iowa State University in Ames, IA. Scot is passionate about health, wellness and fitness. Outside of work, Scot loves to travel with his family and is very involved with all of his children’s activities.